Interactive Financial Analysis Portal
At Georgetown County Government, we believe transparency is vital to having an open government and serving the public properly. We're happy that you have found this page and are taking an interest in what's happening in your government. Georgetown County partners with OpenGov to make financial information available, and this page is a portal to accessing that information. This page links to a web-based financial transparency and intelligence tool that dynamically presents the county's revenues and expenses in as much detail as users like.
Here, users can find links to view financial data based on the current budget or up to the current month. Historical data is also available. Users can manipulate data and drill down to finite details, or just take a look at the big picture for the basics. Data can be downloaded in Excel for those who wish to do so.
We encourage you to export this page and its links, and get a feel for the system and the multitudes of information it can provide. If you need help getting started or if you would like more information, please email our Finance Department or call at 843-545-3069.
Access Information in the OpenGov Platform
OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface.
- Click on "Explore Budget Data."
- Select "Filter" to display key menus.
- You can use the "Show" drop-down to select the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the "Broken Down By" drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
- Select the "Filtered By" option to view the data filters. These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the "Search" function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
- There are five different types of visual representations of data:
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time.
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time.
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year. To view data for other years, move the slider below the pie chart.
- A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization.
- "Download" and "Share" icons are available in the top right corner to allow you to save and send your customized information.