- To provide citizens assistance, Notary Public applications and support for Delegation members.
The Georgetown County Legislative Delegation Office serves as a liaison between the public, governmental agencies and the four elected state legislators (two State House representatives and two senators) who represent Georgetown County. The office processes all Notary Public applications filed by Georgetown County residents and provides information about Notary commissions to residents of other counties. Though state-mandated, the county funds the Delegation Office.
- Serve as liaison between citizens, agencies and the Legislative Delegation members
- Process all Notary Public applications for Georgetown County residents
- Assists the public with information about other government agencies
- Coordinates administrative functions and meetings of the Legislative Delegation
- Provides public information on the status of South Carolina legislation, via the Internet
The Georgetown County Legislative Delegation is comprised of legislators who represent Georgetown County in the South Carolina General Assembly. The 1975 passage of Act Number 283, SC. Acts and Joint Resolutions, mandated the creation of County-funded delegation offices to provide administrative support in each of the state´s 46 counties.
The delegation meets at the call of the Chair in Georgetown County Council's Chambers in the historic Georgetown County Courthouse. Meetings are open to the public. For meeting times, call the Delegation Office.